The Tesoro Reel is a long casting shoreline reel & powerful jigging conventional as well. This high end star drag reel can handle large shoreline species & won’t cost a bundle compared to other big name fishing companies. Basically the Tesoro is built like a Makaira Lever Reel but just in a star drag housing. Largest of the current Tesoro series of 3 (the others being the 5S & the 10S).
Holds 475yds of 65lb braid.
Gear ratio of 6.2:1.
4BB & 1RB.
46″ line retrieval per crank.
22lb max drag (thumb the side spool if needed on huge runs).
Currently no left hand models.
1) Machined 1pc aluminum frame, side plate & spool.
2) Aluminum star stepped star drag increments.
3) The main & pinion gears are SS, as well as the helical cut gears.
4) Carbonite drag system w/Cal’s drag grease.
5) Self lubricating gear system (would recommend yearly servicing for
heavy usage by sending to your nearest Okuma service center).
6) SLG – Speed Lock Pinion Gear
“Positive gearing at high speed @ +50mph spurts (wahoo, tuna,
mahi can generate burst of speed this high when initially hooked).
Means solid hook-ups!
7) XL gearing with large oversized drop down gear box for more
torque & power!
8) CRC – Corrosion Resistant Coating from the elements.
9) Ergo XL grip handle (better grip when wet or covered in slimy bait).
10) Dual anti-reverse.
11) 4-Drainage ports.
12) 3yr Limited Warranty @ www.okumafishing.com.
Levers maybe popular but there is a increasing demand for high end star drag reels for casting & jigging. I chose Okuma for my new fishing rod & reel needs for their innovative technical advances and non-overpriced equipment.