The best folding hunting knives don’t have to be practical and boring. They can also be beautiful and still serve their purpose. When hunters choose folding hunting knives, they consider weight, quality, efficiency, and accessibility. Aside from these features, hunting knives can be stylish and fancy as well. Why choose practicality over aesthetics when you can have both? Upgrade your hunting gear by adding any of these lovely folding hunting knives in your collection!
13 Folding Hunting Knives For Every Hunter
Hoffman Richter HR-30 Tactical Folding Knife
- Titanium Coated Razor Sharp Steel Blade – The HR-30 uses high-quality 440C Steel, for a perfect balance of edge retention and ease of sharpening; The ultra-tough titanium coating ensures that it will last a lifetime
- Unique Notched Blade – Different from its cousin HR-15, the HR-30 adds a notched blade that allows for controlled slicing and cutting through even the toughest materials
- Spring-Assisted Opening – With the HR-30’s spring assisted lightning fast open, in just seconds you will have this tool (or weapon) at the ready
1. DKC-37 Victorian Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Camel Bone
This beautiful piece of art from DKC Knives is made of Damascus steel with camel bone inlay. Uniquely engraved and antique-looking, this folding knife is handcrafted by artisans. It comes with a leather sheath which gives the knife a rustic charm.
DKC Knives SALE DKC-37-BH VICTORIAN Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Buffalo Horn 7.75″ Long, 4.5″ Folded 3″ Blade 4.8oz Hand Made Incredible Look and Feel
- DKC-37-BH VICTORIAN Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Buffalo Horn 7.75″ Long, 4.5″ Folded 3″ Blade 4.8oz DKC Knives Hand Made Incredible Look and Feel Classic style Damascus pocket knife. Black Buffalo Horn, antique steel inlay . Swanky pocket knife. Very unique.
- Comes With Sheath That May Vary From Pictures Due to Production Lots
- Hand Made Products Vary From Knife To Knife. Stated size and weight is approximate and may vary from knife to knife. Knife Sheath shown is typical, but my vary depending on availability and current design. Pin design, mosaic buttons, blade filing design may vary from knife to knife in comparison to pictures. These are handmade not factory stamped !
2. Buck Knife 110 Folding Hunter Knife
Buck Knives are famous for producing the top hunting knives in the market. The 110 Folding Hunter is one of the oldest and most beautiful folding hunting knives they sell. One glance at this knife and it fills you up with nostalgia. This model has a simple and classic design which remained unchanged for many years.
Buck Knives 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife with Genuine Leather Sheath – TOP SELLER
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE- 3-3/4″ 420HC Stainless Steel Clip Blade has excellent strength , edge retention and is corrosion resistant. The Clip blade has a very sharp controllable point, and is good for detail work, piercing and slicing
- STRENGTH AND SAFETY – Easy to open with a nail notch on the blade. The lockback mechanism locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work. Closed Length 4-7/8″ Weight 7.2 oz.
- AN AMERICAN ICON – Classic Walnut Handle and Brass Bolsters provide a perfect combination of beauty and balance. The 110 Folding Hunter, after 50 years is still one of America’s best selling knives, and one that’s handed down from generation to generation
3. Open Season Folding Skinner Knife
Another entry from Buck Knives is the Open Season Folding Skinner Knife. This knife is specifically designed to skin game as cleanly as possible. The blade comes from double-tempered S30V steel. The handle is crafted from Rosewood Dymondwood.
4. Cold Steel Voyager XL Vaquero Plain Edge Knife
If you need to do some heavy chopping, the XL Voyager Vaquero Plain Edge knife is strong enough to do the job. The blade is beautifully contoured just like a cow’s horn which explains why the knife is named ‘Vaquero.’ Its grip or handle is secure enough to endure challenging conditions.
5. Boker Kwaiken Flipper
The Boker Kwaiken Flipper’s simple, slim, and sleek design makes it look very classy. Its blade, crafted from high-quality VG-10 steel, has a satin finish. The handle is made from carbon fiber and it sports a pocket clip on one side.
6. Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife
The Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife has an interesting modern look. Because of its ‘futuristic’ appeal, it seems like a perfect prop for a sci-fi movie. This heavy-duty folding knife has a very solid feel because of its titanium handle.
Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife
- Speed Safe assisted opening, Frame lock with lock bar stabilizer, Flipper and thumb stud, Quad-carry, deep-carry
- Steel-and-titanium construction, Handle is titanium, Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Machined G-10 steel bolster front, 410 steel back
7. SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife
If you fancy a knife you can use as both a survival and a tactical knife, the SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife is the one for you. The blade has a black finish which gives the knife a combative and serious appeal. This knife is quite easy to use for both right-handed and left-handed people since it has ambidextrous features on its grip.
8. Spartan by Cold Steel
Here’s another knife from Cold Steel which is a heavy-duty outdoor hunting knife. Its handle is reinforced by steel liners. It also has a unique design for an easier and more stable grip. The blade is made from American BD1 Alloy Steel and sports a stonewashed finish.
9. Opinel N08
Opinel Knives’ N08 folding knife has a round, beechwood handle, and a carbon steel blade. This knife is easy on the wallet since its price is low compared to the other knives on this list. It is an example of a simple tool, free from elaborate designs, but still serves its purpose.
Opinel Carbon Blade No8 Folding Knife
- Genuine Opinel knife with 3.25-inch blade
- Carbon steel blade, hardwood handle and stainless steel locking collar
- Easy to use, foldable blade design, safe to use, locking collar prevents accidental opening or closing
10. Ka Bar Bobcat Dozier
Ka Bar’s take on this folding hunting knife is quite beautiful in its own way. Bob Dozier’s design is more practical than elaborate. The blade detail is plain and supported by a handle made from Zytel.
11. Columbia River Knife
The Columbia River Knife is a stainless steel blade great for everyday use. It has an 8 CR 13 MOV steel 5-inch blade with a spear point design. This knife is not spring-loaded but it opens real quick with one flick.
12. TAC Force Orange EMT Pocket Knife
One of the interesting features of this knife is it has a seatbelt cutter and a glass breaker. The length of this knife is only 4-inches when it’s fully closed which makes it concealable enough to fit in any pocket. At 4.2 ounces, it’s lightweight and durable for everyday carry.
13. Kershaw Launch 3
The Kershaw Launch 3 is optimized for everyday cutting uses. It has a black DLC coating on the blade to enhance this Kershaw’s corrosion resistance. The handle is made from aircraft grade aluminum making it a very durable cutting tool.
Watch this video by Craig Shipp’s list of the best folding hunting knives:
Each folding hunting knife on this list is beautiful in their own ways. These sharp folding tools are durable and made from the finest materials. Every single one has a practical purpose for hunting and other outdoor activities. Upgrade your hunting gear with one of these outdoor knives!
Is your favorite folding hunting knife on this list? Let us know what you think of this list in the comments section below!
Up Next: Choosing a Fixed Blade Survival Knife (Part 1)
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on February 11, 2018 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Last update on 2018-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API